How much do streaming services pay per stream?
All of us want to find out exactly how much streaming services pay out to artists. Unfortunately, it is impossible to get a straight answer, and this is why; not all streams are equally valuable. Streaming services such as Spotify, Apple music and Deezer don’t have a fixed pay-per-stream rate, instead the royalty rates fluctuate month to month. The reason being that there are several factors that affect the value of a stream, here are the main ones:
- Which streaming service is used
- Does the listener have a paid subscription or free account (advertisement funded)?
- The listener’s country and location
- The pricing in different regions
- The artist’s royalty rate